Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Case of Spaghetti Low Carbonara Footprint

Pasta is vegetarian, but it's also a carb – a carb that is not my friend if I want to keep on looking like Catherine Zeta-Jones that is. Karl, Anne, Stephen, Kathleen, France...all you family and friends...you can stop snickering now. Oh but I love pasta! So I eat it for lunch instead of dinner to burn up those carbs during the most active part of my day. And I never, ever, add bread.  

Spaghetti Low Carbonara Footprint

enough whole-wheat spaghetti for two people (I have a bright yellow spaghetti measure, do you?)
enough regular spaghetti for two
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tsp rosemary
1 tbsp olive oil
3 eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
salt
pepper
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained, chopped
2 tbsps chopped fresh parsley

Cook the spaghetti (add the whole-wheat spaghetti to the pot first, bring back to a boil and cook for 1 min. before adding the regular spaghetti). Just before the pasta is al dente, sauté the garlic and rosemary in the olive oil. Drain the pasta (saving 1/4 cup pasta water), and toss the pasta in the fragrant oil. Quickly whisk together the eggs, Parmesan, salt and pepper to taste. Whisk in the reserved pasta water. Toss with the spaghetti until the sauce thickens. Plate, and sprinkle with the sun-dried tomatoes and parsley. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment