Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Case of Strawberry Black Bean Salsa

While prepping ingredients for a June variation of Pineapple Black Bean Salsa (substituting strawberries for pineapple), I realised the size of the red onion in the recipe should seriously be discussed. Reason being, I've seen some GINORMOUS red onions in my time...and an onion of approximately 1/2-cup volume is plenty thank you very much. I consider an onion of approximately 1/2-cup volume an average onion, and one that fits all my recipes.

Strawberry Black Bean Salsa

1 lb strawberries, chopped
19-oz can black beans, rinsed
1 red onion (approximately 1/2-cup volume), chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 jalapeno, minced
1 tsp cumin seeds

Combine all the ingredients and chill. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment