Thursday, October 1, 2015

The Case of Red Pepper Soup (Trick or Treat)

First the Treat

Picture update for Red Pepper Soup above.

Now the Trick

I heat it up right in the blender!

Yeah!

I have one of those high-speed blenders that has a soup function. The concept is that the blades are whirring so fast they create heat.

How do I avoid warming the soup above 118ºF?

Very carefully.

I have this battery-operated electronic meat thermometer that I bought at Ikea and the probe is at the end of a long, thin conduit. I hang the probe into the blender by the conduit and I secure it with the blender lid so that there is NO WAY the probe can descend into the blades. (This is not in any way condoned by Ikea.)

Too much information that I also wrap part of the conduit in masking tape so that I don't get it covered in Red Pepper Soup? Anyway...

CAUTION! WARNING!

This is important—did you read the above suggestions with extreme care?

I even hold on to the conduit while I'm blending because blenders create vortexes like tornadoes, don't they?

Becki

PS Comment and share buttons are below. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment