Skip to main content

#14 The Case of French Vanilla Toast

Here's a perfect example of Becki Green getting-out-of-bed motivation. And it's not just an indulgence. It has protein. The secret here is the 1/4 tsp vanilla.

2 eggs (or your egg style liquid equivalent—my Simply Eggless equivalent is 1/2 cup)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
salt
2 slices whole-wheat bread
1 teaspoon olive oil
icing sugar
maple syrup

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and salt to taste.

Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mixture and let soak just a little then fry in the olive oil until golden brown on both sides.

Dust with icing sugar and serve with maple syrup.

Serves 1.

♥ Becki

Comments

  1. This looks and sounds sooooo yummy. And LUV the sliced bananas on top. Sounds like a perfect 'breakfast for lunch' idea today. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning Patti! Ah, you came to this post through French Banana Toast. Yes, I think the bananas are a great addition. They make it a meal. And a healthier one with the portion of fruit. A comfort meal for any time of day, as you say.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

The Case of Vegetarian Detective in Italy

B uon giorno!   I feel like a snob saying, "I'm just back from Italy." That's me: jetsetter. Yeah, right!   But wow...Italy!   I could talk up a storm, and I surely will as I adjust to being back here, six time zones from magnificent Italia . I often ask people who've just travelled what was their favourite part of their trip. If I ask the same of myself, my answer is seeing Michelangelo's sculptures. His Pietà and The Statue of David literally moved me to tears. I just can't believe I saw "him" in person!   So...our plane from Toronto was delayed six hours and we missed the first day of activities, but we still visited Rome, Montecatini, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Cinque Terre and Assisi. Quite the agenda for ten days, including the two flight days, wouldn't you say? But Trafalgar made it work. I would go on a Trafalgar trip again in a heartbeat.   Things I learned in Italy:   In the regions we ...

#108 The Case of Smokey Bean Soup

S mokey Bean Soup  may be the recipe I am most proud of. Smokiness is derived from two sources (no, not mascara and eye shadow)—roasted garlic and hickory-smoked BBQ sauce—a combo that produces a surprising depth of flavour. Smokey Bean Soup 1-1/2 cups navy or white pea beans 12 cups water, separated 6 rounded teaspoons (for 6 cups) vegetable bouillon powder 1/2 bulb garlic olive oil 1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary 1/4 teaspoon   pepper 1 tablespoon hickory-smoked BBQ sauce salt Soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of the water. Drain and rinse. In a covered pot, simmer the beans in the rest of the water and vegetable bouillon powder, for 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice the top off the half-bulb of garlic to expose each clove. Place upright on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap. Roast for 45 min. Let cool. Add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary ...