Skip to main content

The Case of Back Cover Copy

Imajin Books just released back cover copy for A Purse to Die For. That's the book I'm in! Because they can't talk about everybody on the back cover, you won't see my name. But every self-respecting amateur detective needs a sidekick. In A Purse to Die For that's me!


What’s more treacherous than navigating a pack of society matrons at a designer sale? 
 
Stalking a killer…


When fashionista and television celeb Gina Monroe goes home to attend the funeral of her late grandmother, the last thing she expects to encounter is murder. And the reading of the will is anything but fashionable as unanswered questions arise. Who is the dead woman in the woods behind the family house? And why is she dressed in Milano designer clothes?

With help from her cousin Tony and Detective Rob Dumont, Gina investigates the not-so-model citizens around her. When another murder occurs, a pattern slowly emerges and Gina wonders if her grandmother's death wasn't so natural after all.


YOURS, BECKI GREEN. TO LEAVE ME (AND CYNTHIA) A MESSAGE, CLICK ON THE COMMENT BUTTON BELOW.

Comments

  1. Hi Cynthia,
    Totally LUV the look of your site! Do you take the photos? I'm looking for some veggie recipes, so this will be fun.
    Saw you on Twitter and thanks for the follow. :-) I discovered Janet Rudolph as well as a few great authors there. Yay!!! for the Twitterverse!!
    Best regards,
    Patti Phillips (Kerrian sends his best, but he's finishing his pie)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patti,

    I'm glad you like it. Yes, the photos are mine with the exception of a few noted. Of course I'm letting Becki take all the credit. You and Kerrian know the deal. You do all the work and...

    Yours,

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting blog! Love your recipes, love the photos. Congratulations on your book launch. Sorry I'm late to offer my very best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kenna,

      Thanks a bunch for dropping by. Never too late! I really appreciate your comment. And your best wishes.

      Catch you again on Twitter,

      Cynthia

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#108 The Case of Smokey Bean Soup

S mokey Bean Soup  may be the recipe I am most proud of. Smokiness is derived from two sources (no, not mascara and eye shadow)—roasted garlic and hickory-smoked BBQ sauce—a combo that produces a surprising depth of flavour. Smokey Bean Soup 1-1/2 cups navy or white pea beans 12 cups water, separated 6 rounded teaspoons (for 6 cups) vegetable bouillon powder 1/2 bulb garlic olive oil 1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary 1/4 teaspoon   pepper 1 tablespoon hickory-smoked BBQ sauce salt Soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of the water. Drain and rinse. In a covered pot, simmer the beans in the rest of the water and vegetable bouillon powder, for 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice the top off the half-bulb of garlic to expose each clove. Place upright on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap. Roast for 45 min. Let cool. Add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary ...

The Case of Vegetarian Detective in Italy

B uon giorno!   I feel like a snob saying, "I'm just back from Italy." That's me: jetsetter. Yeah, right!   But wow...Italy!   I could talk up a storm, and I surely will as I adjust to being back here, six time zones from magnificent Italia . I often ask people who've just travelled what was their favourite part of their trip. If I ask the same of myself, my answer is seeing Michelangelo's sculptures. His Pietà and The Statue of David literally moved me to tears. I just can't believe I saw "him" in person!   So...our plane from Toronto was delayed six hours and we missed the first day of activities, but we still visited Rome, Montecatini, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Cinque Terre and Assisi. Quite the agenda for ten days, including the two flight days, wouldn't you say? But Trafalgar made it work. I would go on a Trafalgar trip again in a heartbeat.   Things I learned in Italy:   In the regions we ...