Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Case of Hotter Hot Chocolate

During that terrible, beautiful ice storm I captured this photo. Google+ opted to enhance the image with falling snow! I was thrilled!

Just as I'm excited to share with you my enhanced recipe for Hot Chocolate.
 
I was inspired to add chilli powder to my original recipe by one of my favourite blogs, Dying for Chocolate. I was inspired to use a sugar-free natural sweetener by my waistline...
 
Hotter Hot Chocolate
 
1/2 tbsp. cocoa
1-1/2 packets (about 3/8 tsp) Krisda premium stevia extract
pinch salt
1/8 tsp chilli powder
1 cup 2% milk
 
Stir together the cocoa, stevia extract, salt and chilli powder in the bottom of a mug. Gradually add the milk to blend.
 
Nuke in a microwave on high for approximately 1 minute 45 seconds until perfectly hot then froth with a fork or a mini-whisk.
 
Enjoy!
 
Serves 1.
 
Becki
 
To leave me (and Cynthia) a message, click on the comment button below.

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture! Finally (unfortunately), winter has come to us as well so a cup of that hot chocolate would be very welcome right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over at My Delights you've shown another excellent way to keep warm—a spa treatment and brunch package. Sara, wouldn't it be fun if we could meet at The Lodge? I'd bring some Hotter Hot Chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that would be great fun! Hubby has a lot of family in Canada so maybe we will make it over there one day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so pleased to see you and share some of my favourite local things! Don't think our tiny guest room at Rose Cottage would comfortably accommodate your vibrant family of four but I'd help you find just the right spot. If you were here now you would see what everyone imagines Canada to be. Azure sky above and the snow banks are HUGE!

      Delete