Skip to main content

#189 The Case of Hot Chocolate

Frothy and light!
 
1-1/3 cups cashew milk
2/3 tablespoon cacao
1-1/3 tablespoons raw agave syrup
2/3 teaspoon vanilla

Pour all the ingredients into a high-speed blender, one with a soup function.

Wrap the upper part of a battery-operated electronic meat thermometer probe in plastic wrap so it doesn't get covered in Hot Chocolate. Hang it in the blender by its conduit and secure it with the blender lid so that there is NO WAY the probe can descend into the blades. I even hold on to the conduit while I'm blending because I don't want the probe pulled in further.

Blend until your Hot Chocolate reaches 118ºF.

Pour into a mug and enjoy!

Serves 1.

♥ Becki

PS OR if you, like me, feel you might be wanting Hot Chocolate more often than the average bear, make a Hot Chocolate Mix so that you can quickly and easily drop 2 tablespoons of it into a large mug, gradually stir in the plant milk of your choice, mine's oat, and nuke until hot.

Dry versions of the above ingredients multiplied by 16, say, gives me:

10-2/3 tablespoons cacao (1/2 cup plus 2-2/3 tablespoons)

21-1/3 tablespoons icing sugar (1-1/4 cups plus 1-1/3 tablespoons)

5-1/3 teaspoons vanilla powder (the powdered version is twice as strong)

Comments

  1. What a beautiful picture! Finally (unfortunately), winter has come to us as well so a cup of that hot chocolate would be very welcome right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over at My Delights you've shown another excellent way to keep warm—a spa treatment and brunch package. Sara, wouldn't it be fun if we could meet at The Lodge? I'd bring some Hotter Hot Chocolate!

      Delete
  2. Oh, that would be great fun! Hubby has a lot of family in Canada so maybe we will make it over there one day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be so pleased to see you and share some of my favourite local things! Don't think our tiny guest room at Rose Cottage would comfortably accommodate your vibrant family of four but I'd help you find just the right spot. If you were here now you would see what everyone imagines Canada to be. Azure sky above and the snow banks are HUGE!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#108 The Case of Smokey Bean Soup

S mokey Bean Soup  may be the recipe I am most proud of. Smokiness is derived from two sources (no, not mascara and eye shadow)—roasted garlic and hickory-smoked BBQ sauce—a combo that produces a surprising depth of flavour. Smokey Bean Soup 1-1/2 cups navy or white pea beans 12 cups water, separated 6 rounded teaspoons (for 6 cups) vegetable bouillon powder 1/2 bulb garlic olive oil 1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary 1/4 teaspoon   pepper 1 tablespoon hickory-smoked BBQ sauce salt Soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of the water. Drain and rinse. In a covered pot, simmer the beans in the rest of the water and vegetable bouillon powder, for 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice the top off the half-bulb of garlic to expose each clove. Place upright on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap. Roast for 45 min. Let cool. Add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary ...

The Case of Vegetarian Detective in Italy

B uon giorno!   I feel like a snob saying, "I'm just back from Italy." That's me: jetsetter. Yeah, right!   But wow...Italy!   I could talk up a storm, and I surely will as I adjust to being back here, six time zones from magnificent Italia . I often ask people who've just travelled what was their favourite part of their trip. If I ask the same of myself, my answer is seeing Michelangelo's sculptures. His Pietà and The Statue of David literally moved me to tears. I just can't believe I saw "him" in person!   So...our plane from Toronto was delayed six hours and we missed the first day of activities, but we still visited Rome, Montecatini, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Cinque Terre and Assisi. Quite the agenda for ten days, including the two flight days, wouldn't you say? But Trafalgar made it work. I would go on a Trafalgar trip again in a heartbeat.   Things I learned in Italy:   In the regions we ...