Skip to main content

#266 The Case of Royal Icing

To make filling your pastry tube easier, cut a tiny bit off the very tip to allow air to escape before you add your icing. Later, make the hole larger if you wish.

19-oz-can chick peas, shaken
2 cups icing sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon vanilla
food colouring (optional)

Add 3 tablespoons of liquid from the chick pea can (aquafaba) to a large bowl. Beat on high for four min., until foamy and thick. (Make Hummus with the chick peas.)

Add the icing sugar, salt, vanilla, and colouring as desired. Beat until combined then on high for six min., occasionally scraping down the side of the bowl. A spoon stuck upright in the icing should remain standing but you want the mixture to be thin enough to squeeze easily out of your pastry tube. Add drops of water to thin, if necessary.

Fill your pastry tube.

Leftovers can be stored in the fridge, in an airtight container with a clean, damp cloth.

♥ Becki

Comments

  1. It has been simply incredibly generous with you to provide openly what exactly many individuals would’ve marketed for an eBook to end up making some cash for their end, primarily given that you could have tried it in the event you wanted.

    Halal Food in Sanjose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, AHMED. You know, I wouldn't say no to a good contract but I carefully consider what I contribute to the world and my blog is free from my heart to yours!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#108 The Case of Smokey Bean Soup

S mokey Bean Soup  may be the recipe I am most proud of. Smokiness is derived from two sources (no, not mascara and eye shadow)—roasted garlic and hickory-smoked BBQ sauce—a combo that produces a surprising depth of flavour. Smokey Bean Soup 1-1/2 cups navy or white pea beans 12 cups water, separated 6 rounded teaspoons (for 6 cups) vegetable bouillon powder 1/2 bulb garlic olive oil 1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary 1/4 teaspoon   pepper 1 tablespoon hickory-smoked BBQ sauce salt Soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of the water. Drain and rinse. In a covered pot, simmer the beans in the rest of the water and vegetable bouillon powder, for 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice the top off the half-bulb of garlic to expose each clove. Place upright on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap. Roast for 45 min. Let cool. Add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary ...

The Case of Vegetarian Detective in Italy

B uon giorno!   I feel like a snob saying, "I'm just back from Italy." That's me: jetsetter. Yeah, right!   But wow...Italy!   I could talk up a storm, and I surely will as I adjust to being back here, six time zones from magnificent Italia . I often ask people who've just travelled what was their favourite part of their trip. If I ask the same of myself, my answer is seeing Michelangelo's sculptures. His Pietà and The Statue of David literally moved me to tears. I just can't believe I saw "him" in person!   So...our plane from Toronto was delayed six hours and we missed the first day of activities, but we still visited Rome, Montecatini, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Cinque Terre and Assisi. Quite the agenda for ten days, including the two flight days, wouldn't you say? But Trafalgar made it work. I would go on a Trafalgar trip again in a heartbeat.   Things I learned in Italy:   In the regions we ...