Monday, October 1, 2012

The Case of All-dressed Baked Potato and Corn on the Cob

You notice I follow the blog What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? What a great title! I'm sure there are plenty of folk just as baffled by what a vegetarian eats. Furthermore, as I continue to participate in the Black Currant Bay Writing Club, I learn that the smallest details about a character are important. What does a certain character believe in? Is her navel pierced? Who asked her to his graduation prom? Did she used to have braces? Well I may not be willing to divulge stuff like that here... But hey, there's nothing more personal than what a person eats and I blab about that here all the time!

What one eats is controversial. Some people think one doesn't eat enough. Some people think one eats too much. Some people think one doesn't eat healthy. Others think one obsesses too much over organic food.

Wait 'till you admit you're a vegetarian. "There's not enough protein in a vegetarian diet," you'll hear. "Human beings are meant to be carnivores."

Anyway, this is what I eat. And I'm proud of it!

The lunch above consisted of a hot baked potato seasoned with salt and pepper, garnished with a generous dollop (okay maybe two dollops) of low-fat sour cream, sprinkled with crunchy, salty, smokey Club House Simulated Bacon Chips and chopped green onions from my friend Kathleen's veggie garden; paired with buttered, salted, fresh corn on the cob, which also would have been from Kathleen's garden except she said raccoons destroyed her corn stalks.

Look appetising? What would you add to the baked potato?


YOURS, BECKI GREEN. TO LEAVE ME (AND CYNTHIA) A MESSAGE, CLICK ON THE COMMENT BUTTON BELOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment