Skip to main content

The Case of How to Add Sizzle to Your Summer

Who's turning up the heat this month? Imajin Books, publisher of A Purse To Die For featuring moi, because it's throwing a contest AND a sale AND a party and you are very, very welcome to join in!

The contest has everything to do with sharing about Imajin books and Imajin events to receive entries into a draw for a Kindle Fire HD with Wi-Fi. There will also be runner-up prizes of $20 gift cards for Amazon or Kobo books. Enter daily for more chances to win!

The sale slashes the price of Imajin e-books so they're ALL either $0.99 or $1.99. Yay!

The party happens August 9/10. Imajin authors of suspense, mystery, romance etc.—including A Purse to Die For's Cynthia St-Pierre—will drop in and chat with readers, plus there will be random giveaways of e-books and Amazon and Kobo gift cards.

Sound like something you're interested in? Here's the link for all the official details: http://www.imajinbooks.com/contests-events/.

♥ Becki

PS To leave me (and Cynthia) a message, click on the comment button below.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#108 The Case of Smokey Bean Soup

S mokey Bean Soup  may be the recipe I am most proud of. Smokiness is derived from two sources (no, not mascara and eye shadow)—roasted garlic and hickory-smoked BBQ sauce—a combo that produces a surprising depth of flavour. Smokey Bean Soup 1-1/2 cups navy or white pea beans 12 cups water, separated 6 rounded teaspoons (for 6 cups) vegetable bouillon powder 1/2 bulb garlic olive oil 1 onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 1 bay leaf 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary 1/4 teaspoon   pepper 1 tablespoon hickory-smoked BBQ sauce salt Soak the beans overnight in 6 cups of the water. Drain and rinse. In a covered pot, simmer the beans in the rest of the water and vegetable bouillon powder, for 1-1/2 hours. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Slice the top off the half-bulb of garlic to expose each clove. Place upright on foil and drizzle with olive oil. Wrap. Roast for 45 min. Let cool. Add the onion, carrots, bay leaf, rosemary ...

The Case of Vegetarian Detective in Italy

B uon giorno!   I feel like a snob saying, "I'm just back from Italy." That's me: jetsetter. Yeah, right!   But wow...Italy!   I could talk up a storm, and I surely will as I adjust to being back here, six time zones from magnificent Italia . I often ask people who've just travelled what was their favourite part of their trip. If I ask the same of myself, my answer is seeing Michelangelo's sculptures. His Pietà and The Statue of David literally moved me to tears. I just can't believe I saw "him" in person!   So...our plane from Toronto was delayed six hours and we missed the first day of activities, but we still visited Rome, Montecatini, Siena, San Gimignano, Pisa, Vinci, Florence, Cinque Terre and Assisi. Quite the agenda for ten days, including the two flight days, wouldn't you say? But Trafalgar made it work. I would go on a Trafalgar trip again in a heartbeat.   Things I learned in Italy:   In the regions we ...