Monday, April 1, 2013

The Case of French Banana Toast

Make you hungry? Imagine after you drizzle maple syrup all over it!

I've previously posted my basic French Vanilla Toast, then my French Chocolate Hazelnut Toast, and now here's French Banana Toast, which is just a matter of slicing a ripe banana over hot-off-the-griddle pieces of French Vanilla Toast. Mmm...

After this decadent breakfast I will find a moment to throw on a light jacket and step outside to see the early spring scillas spread out their welcoming blue carpet for the arrival of celebrity tulips and hyacinths.


YOURS, BECKI GREEN. TO LEAVE ME (AND CYNTHIA) A MESSAGE, CLICK ON THE COMMENT BUTTON BELOW.  

4 comments:

  1. What a delicious start to the day! And it sounds like spring has finally arrived:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sara! Yup, and French Banana Toast is quite healthy too. One portion fruit, two portions grain, one portion protein. Sure beats what I had for breakfast this morning. A glass of milk and a stick of chocolate with hazelnuts. Don't tell anyone...

      While this post is up, I expect the flowers to behave exactly as I described in my post above. I see some blue but I wouldn't describe my view as a carpet just yet. I sense the Academy Awards of spring are just around the corner.

      Delete
  2. Great recipe. ALways love french toast
    I am happy to have you nominated for the Liebster Award. For more check here http://goodeatstostyle.blogspot.com/2013/04/my-first-award-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Megha, I'm honoured that you nominated Vegetarian Detective for the Liebster Award. Thank you very much. Only thing is, in the post just before this one you'll see that I have accepted once already. Don't think it's something I can do twice but I sure appreciate the thought!

      Delete